Open Box Software is an internationally focused consulting company that specialises in business and software consulting services. We have a team of highly talented individuals who are driven to make an impact and have fun.
We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join our team on a permanent basis. The right person will be wanting to work within an intelligent, motivated, self driven team with low egos, good communication skills and an effective problem solving approach. You would also be very conscious of the importance of sharing knowledge and building other team members in the process. Our team must be able to tune into the needs of clients and their higher objectives to solve problems where not all the information is readily available.
Reporting directly to the Director of Enterprise Solutions, you will be involved in supporting our client's ERP systems and really getting to grips with their internal business processes. With a client base predominantly in the US, the ability to occasionally work flexible hours is key.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Requirements elicitation: gathering requirements by means of workshops with clients and technical investigations, documenting results from activities and delivering user or functional requirements specifications as required.
- Provide recommendations to clients on software configuration and optimisations.
- Business case development in consultation with clients.
- Project scoping and quoting with input from technical resources.
- Solution design – employ product knowledge and technical skill to inform technical solution designs that meet functional requirements.
- Ensuring applications developed meet business requirements by means of functional testing efforts.
- Supporting more junior staff.
- Contributing to innovation within the business analysis domain within Open Box.
- Software development orientated 3/4 year degree or equivalent (e.g. B.Com Information Systems or B.Sc Comp Sci or Elec Eng or other analytical degree)
- Business Analysis certificate or diploma is advantageous (e.g. FTI or GetSmarter)
- 2 - 4 years prior experience in a business analysis role
- Participation in the SDLC as part of a team
- Experience with ERPs is highly desirable
- Formal training in Accounting or Finance is advantageous (1st year level)
- Must be able comfortable with MS-SQL queries
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at a given time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with particular focus on being able to elicit requirements remotely
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have prior work experience in a consultancy or IT vendor environment interacting directly with external clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in line with business objectives
- Ability to consult on solution feasibility with clients autonomously
- Willingness to travel internationally if required
- Friendly and easy going
- Willing and wanting to work flexible times
- Goal oriented
- Passionate about problem solving
- Professional communicator
- Self motivated