They say one year at Open Box is worth two anywhere else. At Open Box, we believe that if you get great people together in the right environment and set them a challenge, you will get inspiring results. Are you ready to be part of something great?
Who Are We?
Open Box is an award-winning internationally focused software development consulting company that specialises in business and software consulting services in the commercial real estate industry. We work with some of the biggest names and largest owners and operators of commercial real estate in the world. Not to blow our own horn or anything, but we are kind of a big deal.
With an almost exclusive focus on the US and UK markets (yes, travel would be required), we are exposed to the latest innovations in software and technology, giving us a significant edge over some of our competitors and challenging us to always find the better way – a motto that we live by at Open Box.
We take our work seriously, delivering award winning solutions and business innovations that have impacted some of the world’s largest and most influential commercial real estate companies. We are inspired by each of our team members – self-motivating and, quite frankly, brilliant minds that are energized by a business challenge, driven to achieve remarkable results, and always eager to share knowledge and work together to deliver a standard of work that exceeds our client’s expectations, placing us ahead of the pack.
What are we looking for?
A consultant to join our team on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Head of Enterprise Solutions, you will be based from our Cape Town office with travel to client sites across the United States and United Kingdom when required. As a consultant you will need to be comfortable wearing many hats, straddling a role that can encompass:
- Business analysis and solutions design
- Compiling various project artifacts such as user requirement specifications, project definitions, etc
- Process re-engineering
- Product selection
- Change management
- Account management
- Trusted consultant within the area of delivery
Who are you?
- Someone who can communicate effectively with end users, tech teams and business focused individuals. You turn jargon into understandable terms with ease.
- You have extensive experience in Software Development.
- Interested in technology and digital transformation.
- Analytical, interpersonal, and innovative in your approach to strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Always thinking of / looking for a better way of doing things.
- Empathetic with a strong ability to listen to others.
- Consistent, attentive to detail and focused in your delivery of value-adding projects / programmes.
- Colleagues and peers actively seek you out for advice and as a sounding board.
- You understand what excellence in delivery looks and feels like.
- You are inquisitive and not afraid to ask questions.
- You stay on top of industry trends, becoming an authority in areas of focus.
- You are comfortable with and adaptable to change.
As a consultant what are some of the responsibilities you will have?
- Identifying and articulating technology solutions to open-ended business problems.
- Workshop facilitation.
- Requirements gathering and solution design.
- Being the face of Open Box within the client environment.
- Presenting at industry events and conferences.
- Business case development.
- Compiling statements of work and pricing quotes.
- Becoming an expert in commercial real estate processes and practices (US / EU).
- Developing new business streams within client environments.
- Managing the development team or assisting the project manager.
What qualifications & experience are we looking for?
- Honours level degree ideally in an engineering, accounting, or IT related field.
- 4 - 7 years relevant work experience in a software consulting capacity.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial processes.
- Experience in ERP including implementations, integrations, upgrades and enhancements.
- Experience in the complete SDLC.
- Knowledge of the commercial real estate industry is beneficial.
- A competent understanding of database design and SQL.
- Excellent communication skills at both C-Suite and operational levels.
- Proven track record in a problem-solving capacity.
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a team.