Open Box Software is an internationally focused consulting company that specialises in business and software consulting services. We have a young team of highly talented individuals who are driven to make an impact and have fun.
We are looking for a Senior Drupal Developer to join our team on a permanent basis. The right person will be wanting to work within an intelligent, motivated, self-driven team with low egos, good communication skills and an effective problem-solving approach. You would also be very conscious of the importance of sharing knowledge and building other team members in the process. Our team must be able to tune into the needs of clients and their higher objectives to solve problems where not all the information is readily available.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Develop software according to best practice standards and methodologies
- Develop and maintain web applications
- Design and build websites
- Produce, modify and maintain the websites and web application’s user interfaces
- Ensure that the software is maintainable, scalable, secure and of a high quality
- Solve difficult technical problems blocking project progress or work quality
- Assist with estimations of work
- Run product demonstrations of completed work to clients and other project stakeholders
- Able to manage an end-to-end code release process
- Software development orientated 3/4 year degree or equivalent (e.g. B. Com Information Systems or B.Sc. Comp Sci or Elec Eng.) is advantageous.
- Ability to build, extend, and configure Drupal sites using core and contrib modules (Views, Paragraphs, Webforms).
- Ability to build custom Drupal modules and themes.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of content management systems.
- Experience building responsive websites.
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of working with a source control system such as Git.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask and work on multiple projects at a given time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with updating and communicating directly, with the client
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage expectations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in line with business objectives
- Knowledge of the Acquia Cloud platform. Have experience building sites on Acquia Cloud Site Factory and integrating with Acquia’s product offerings, such as Acquia DAM and Lift. Have used and know how to apply the use of Acquia’s Content Hub and Lift in websites.
- Experience in creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of good SEO coding practices.
- Knowledge of PHP templating engines, such as Twig.
- Experience working with performance and monitoring products, such as New Relic.
- Ability to effectively apply the use of caching mechanisms, such as Drupal & Varnish cache, to improve site performance.
- Friendly and easy going
- Willing and wanting to work flexible times
- Goal oriented
- Passionate about problem solving
- Professional communicator
- Self motivated