Open Box Software is an internationally focused consulting company that specialises in business and software consulting services. We have a young team of highly talented individuals who are driven to make an impact and have fun.
We are looking for a mid-level BI Developer to join our Business Intelligence team on a permanent basis. In this role you will report to the Head of Custom Software and will be responsible for working with the existing Business Intelligence team to query and understand data, develop data integrations as well as develop reports and dashboards.
The right person will be wanting to work within an intelligent, motivated, self driven team with low egos, good communication skills and an effective problem solving approach. You would also be very conscious of the importance of sharing knowledge and building other team members in the process. Our team must be able to tune into the needs of clients and their higher objectives to solve problems where not all the information is readily available.
With a client base predominantly in the UK and US, the ability to work flexible hours is key.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Create dashboards and reports using reporting technologies such as Power BI and SSRS
- Develop integrations using 3rd party tooling such as Azure Data Factory to integrate data from different source systems and surface the integrated data for reporting
- Work directly with clients / business users to elicit reporting requirements, as well as develop reports and dashboards to meet those requirements
- Liaise with business analysts and quality analysts
- Design and support of data warehousing solutions
- Software development orientated 3/4 year degree or equivalent (e.g. B.Com Information Systems or B.Sc Comp Sci or Elec Eng)
- Minimum 3 -4 years of demonstrable experience in BI Development
- Experience on the Microsoft BI stack (T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and Power BI)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English (you will likely be dealing remotely with off-shore business partners)
- Data modelling skills
- Experience engaging directly with clients / business users
- Exposure to the Financial Services and/or Real Estate industry is advantageous
- Experience using middleware integration tools (e.g. Azure Data Factory, MuleSoft)
- Experience integrating with ERP solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask and work on multiple projects at a given time
- Comfortable with updating and communicating directly, with the client
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage expectations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in line with business objectives
- Friendly and easy going
- Willing and wanting to work flexible times
- Goal oriented
- Passionate about problem solving
- Professional communicator
- Self motivated