Open Box Software is an internationally focused consulting company that specialises in business and software consulting services. We have a team of highly talented individuals who are driven to make an impact and have fun in the process.
We are looking for a BI Specialist to join our Business Intelligence team on a permanent basis as a team lead and consultant. In this role you will take responsibility for consulting directly with our clients on their needs, architecting appropriate solutions, and leading a team in the delivery of those solutions.
The right person should want to work within an intelligent, motivated, and self-driven team that yearns for personal development and wants to make an impact in what they do. You would be very conscious of the importance of sharing knowledge and building other team members in the process of leading your team.
With a client base predominantly in the UK and US, the ability to work flexible hours is also important.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Consulting directly with business users to elicit reporting and BI requirements and the architecture of appropriate solutions
- Lead a team of data professionals responsible for:
- Creating dashboards and reports using reporting technologies such as Power BI and SSRS.
- Developing integrations using 3rd party tooling such as SSIS, Azure Data Factory, and other cloud platform solutions.
- Support and development of data warehousing solutions especially in cloud technologies such as Azure Synapse.
- Software development orientated 3/4 year degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in BI Development
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in leading a team
- Experience in BI cloud technologies such as Azure Synapse
- Experience architecting BI solutions including data modelling skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English (you will likely be dealing remotely with off-shore business partners)
- Experience consulting directly with clients / business users
- Exposure to the Financial Services and/or Real Estate industry is advantageous
- Friendly and easy going
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Goal oriented
- Passionate about problem solving
- Professional communicator